Michael Schulenberg, Attorney at Law
Call Today! 630-454-4039
En EspaƱol
Home Attorney Profile Testimonials Divorce Contact Us
Hire an attorney who takes the time to get to know you and your case. Learn why you should choose an attorney recommended by fellow counsel. Click here to start your free case evaluation & see how we can help you!
Click here to read our firm's blog.
Send us an email about your case.

Spousal Support Enforcement

What do I do if my spouse is disregarding the court order and has stopped paying child support?

- ALS, California


Every parent is legally obligated to provide financially for their children so that they can have a healthy future. When a parent walks away from that obligation and leaves you at a financial loss, then it is definitely in your best interest to pursue child support enforcement methods. This is a proactive way to collect the money so that your child is given what they need. Contact the Illinois child support enforcement agency and inform them of your situation. They will ask you a few questions and they will need to you to bring your child support order, your divorce or separation agreeement, records of past child support payments, information about your income and your child's birth certificate. If paternity is an issue, then they will need to see written or voluntary acknowledgment of paternity from the spouse. If you have any further questions on spousal support enforcement, please do not hesitate to ask.

This answer does not constitute legal advice, which can only be rendered after a full consideration of the facts of your case which is not possible in this format; nor establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be done after you and an attorney meet and agree on the terms of that relationship. This answer is intended solely to provide general information about the justice system. Further, it does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication. Moreover, links to information on this site are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement or recommendation of those sites, and no responsibility is taken for any information at these linked sites, nor makes any representation or warranty with respect to these sites or the information contained therein.

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Attorney Web Design