Order of Protection Lawyer in Batavia
Helping Those Who Seek & Were Served an Order of Protection in Batavia
If you were served an order of protection or are seeking to obtain an order of protection, I can help you. Regardless of which side of the matter you fall on, you need an empathetic attorney who will work diligently to help take care of your needs. With 20+ years of experience in family law, I have what it takes to pursue a resolution to your situation.
Don’t face this anxiety-provoking experience alone. Schedule your free consultation with me online or by calling (630) 280-3879 today!
What Does an Order of Protection Mean?
An order of protection, otherwise known as a restraining order, is a court order available to family or household members to restrict an abuser from committing such abuse. According to Attorney General Kwame Raoul, an order of protection includes elements such as:
- prohibits abuser from continuing threats and abuse (abuse includes physical abuse, harassment, intimidation, interference with personal liberty, or willful deprivation)
- bars abuser from shared residence or bars abuser while using drugs or alcohol
- orders abuser to stay away from victim and other persons protected by the order and/or bars abuser from victim’s work, school, or other specific locations
- requires abuser to attend counseling
- prohibits abuser from hiding a child from victim or taking a child out of state
- gives victim temporary physical possession of children or gives victim temporary legal custody
- bars abuser from accessing child's records
How Does an Order of Protection Affect Me?
Any situation involving an order of protection is frightening and overwhelming for both parties, especially when a child is involved. Your family life may be permanently impacted, and the emotional experiences involved with an order of protection can stick with you forever.
Whether you are seeking to obtain an order of protection or were served an order of protection, I obtain the knowledge and qualifications needed to better resolve both matters. You shouldn’t have to deal with the consequences associated with waiting around until things get better. Retain a confidant and skilled advocate all in one at Michael T. Schulenberg, Attorney at Law to help you overcome your abuse or fight an order of protection that was made against you.
If you believe you were served an order of protection without reasonable grounds or need to obtain one to protect you from domestic violence, contact me as soon as possible at (630) 280-3879!
“He is persistent, energetic, accurate and prudent attorney. But he is also a very kind and helpful person. We are impressd by his splendid work.”- Vyacheslav Y.
“He made it simple and easy so it was taken care of without being dragged out; while he kept my rights just as they were and updated my custody times. Taking care of issues with a level headed professional manner that I was able to depend on.”- Nicholas O.
“Mr Schulenberg was very professional and most importantly, a personable and compassionate individual. I was very satisfied with the results of my divorce and I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is looking for an attorney.”- Ariel A.