Getting an Order of Protection in Batavia
Proven Attorney with 20+ Years of Experience on Your Side
Going through your day-to-day life in fear of experiencing domestic violence can take a detrimental toll on your health, happiness and wellbeing. You may experience constant anxiety that never seems to end, but there is a solution that could help put your mind at ease. An order of protection, otherwise known as a restraining order, is your best option for preventing further abuse against you.
Domestic violence victims looking to obtain an order of protection can count on me to listen empathetically to their story and proceed by helping them take the necessary steps to prevent further threats and danger. Should you hire me, a highly regarded order of protection attorney, to advocate on your behalf, I will take the time to thoroughly understand your fears and long-term goals to better obtain a solution that gives you the peace of mind you deserve.
To obtain an order of protection, you can rely on me to:
- File your request in civil court.
- Request an order with your divorce.
- Request an order during a criminal trial for abuse.
- Get the required papers from your local circuit court clerk's office to seek an order of protection on your behalf.
Types of Orders of Protection
There are three types of restraining orders that can go into effect based on the details and urgency of your situation. I can help you obtain the following:
- Emergency order: Valid for 14 to 21 days and can be obtained without notifying the abuser. However, the abuser will be notified on what day they must appear in court.
- Interim order: Valid for up to 30 days. It is intended to be for a limited duration and usually lasts until the court hears the full case and makes a final order.
- Plenary order: Valid for up to 2 years and can be obtained after an evidentiary hearing with testimony. The Sheriff will notify the abuser about the hearing.
Compassionate, Attentive Legal Counsel
If you need an order of protection, regardless of how long you require one, I am prepared to guide you every step of the way. This is a sensitive circumstance that requires an empathetic, personable lawyer like me to bear the burdens that come with filing an order of protection. I will listen carefully to your concerns and strategize the most efficient and safest way to get an order of protection while reducing or dismissing the risk of potential harm against you during the process.
You are not alone. Call me at (630) 280-3879 or reach out to me online to schedule your free and confidential consultation.
“He is persistent, energetic, accurate and prudent attorney. But he is also a very kind and helpful person. We are impressd by his splendid work.”- Vyacheslav Y.
“He made it simple and easy so it was taken care of without being dragged out; while he kept my rights just as they were and updated my custody times. Taking care of issues with a level headed professional manner that I was able to depend on.”- Nicholas O.
“Mr Schulenberg was very professional and most importantly, a personable and compassionate individual. I was very satisfied with the results of my divorce and I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is looking for an attorney.”- Ariel A.