Uncontested Divorce Lawyer in Batavia
When Times Get Tough, Call (630) 280-3879. You Are Not Alone.
Divorce can be very difficult for all parties involved, regardless of whether it’s contested or uncontested. In the case of uncontested divorce, both parties manage to agree or at least compromise on the terms of their divorce and can reach a settlement without going to court. This alternative is quicker, cost-effective and less stressful compared to a contested divorce, in which both parties are unable to resolve their differences and must turn to divorce litigation.
Although most divorcing couples will have disagreements or disputes nonetheless, uncontested divorces result in an agreement through strategic negotiation, along with legal counsel from the spouses’ respective attorneys and the judge.
Requirements for Uncontested Divorce
A divorce can be granted once the following issues are settled:
- Division of real estate property, investments and money
- Division of debts
- Child custody and visitation arrangements (if minor children are involved)
- The parents’ financial obligations to the children
- Whether or not maintenance will be awarded and, if so, how much
If the divorcing parties are unable to reach an agreement, they will go to trial where a judge will decide for them.
Why You Need My Representation
Divorce cases involve highly sensitive matters, especially when there are children involved. As a highly regarded Batavia uncontested divorce attorney, I always strive to reach a settlement with the other party to spare clients the expense of a contested divorce. Although I represent both contested and uncontested divorce matters, I value my clients’ well-being and strongly believe they can benefit from pursuing an uncontested divorce as a result.
A few good reasons to retain me, Michael T. Schulenberg, Attorney at Law, include:
- I offer a free consultation to all prospective clients.
- I am licensed to practice in both Illinois and Michigan.
- I have represented over 150 clients in their matrimonial and family law matters.
- I have obtained awards for lawyers' fees on behalf of my clients.
- A large percentage of my business comes from referrals from past clients and other attorneys.
- Prior to practicing family law, I worked as an Assistant State's Attorney in DeKalb County.
Read what my former clients have to say in my client testimonials!
I advocate for my clients’ best interests at all times, regardless of the direction their divorce takes. Even if you anticipate an uncontested divorce, only an experienced uncontested divorce attorney can represent your best interests and protect your rights.
Contact me, Michael T. Schulenberg, Attorney at Law online or call (630) 280-3879 today!
“He is persistent, energetic, accurate and prudent attorney. But he is also a very kind and helpful person. We are impressd by his splendid work.”- Vyacheslav Y.
“He made it simple and easy so it was taken care of without being dragged out; while he kept my rights just as they were and updated my custody times. Taking care of issues with a level headed professional manner that I was able to depend on.”- Nicholas O.
“Mr Schulenberg was very professional and most importantly, a personable and compassionate individual. I was very satisfied with the results of my divorce and I would highly recommend his services to anyone who is looking for an attorney.”- Ariel A.